Like death and taxes two things are certain most winters - central heating will play havoc with our skin and a lack of daylight hours can do the same to our mood. This year, thanks to lockdown, those long cold winter days seem longer and darker than ever before but there are some steps you can take to help prevent both bad skin and low moods. What we all need right now is some pampering and looking after ourselves this winter should be both an internal and external job. The right foods, good hydration, a powerhouse supplement, exercise and some luxurious treats all have a role to play in helping us look and feel our best this winter.
Here are our top tips on keeping your skin looking beautiful and your mood feeling good for the rest of the year.
- Water is your friend. You skin needs it, your brain needs it and yet it can be one of those things we never really prioritise. Drinking enough water helps to flush toxins from your system, plays a role in keeping your skin looking plump and healthy and is a much better 4pm pick me up than yet another cup of coffee.
- Pamper sessions. Pick something you love whether it’s a long hot soak in the bath, a romcom session or an hour of silence to read and book it in. Let everyone who needs to know that you’re taking some time for yourself and feel no guilt as you run the taps or lock the door.
- Take a supplement. There are some vitamins and minerals that contribute to the health of our skin and our mind. Vitamin B6 contributes to normal psychological function, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress and Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system. Get yourself a supplement that contains them all – and more - like Cleanmarine For Women.
- Getting outside and moving our bodies is one of the best things you can do for yourself this winter. You don’t have to run marathons or do intense HIIT sessions! A good walk, wrapped up warm can increase your heart rate and do wonders for how you feel mentally and physically.
- Invest in your skin. Lots of great skincare professionals are doing online consultations now that it’s difficult to get face to face appointments. While we’re still at home it’s a brilliant time to start a regime that leaves your skin glowing. Whether it’s retinols for resurfacing, vitamin C for brightening or a cocktail of acids for plumping and renewing, or even just starting a basic cleansing routine - we all have the time to invest in our skin before we return to the old/new world.